Sunday, August 5, 2018

Fair weather - very fair weather

After weeks of drought, it rained and was generally "business as usual" for a short time here with mists and drizzle interspersed with sunny "spells".
It was amazing to e to see how rapidly the brown and yellow dry grass greened up in the meadows and along the roadsides- the long acres became fresh green very quickly.
The sheep are enjoying it in the upper pasture alongside our paddock


Portlick, with the millennium forest, ancient wood and lough Rea is a very good place to see and feel the seasons change so I've taken many a photo. showing different moods there. - autumnal, dark and wintery, snowy, bright flowery summer with swans but I have to say today was perhaps the most magnificent.
Every aspect of the lake presented an absolutely beautiful picture - a postcard scene from every vantage point. 
Unfortunately I had only my very elderly iPhone to take shots. Even if I had had a good camera, I don't think I would have conveyed the sense of perfection that pervaded the scene at 3.30 this afternoon, August 4th 2018.  The level of sunshine, the mix of white clouds, the soft air currents, the scent of elderberries, the glow of the waters, the clearly defined lines around all the elements of shore, trees and islands would be beyond my photographic abilities to convey. So I've put down lots of flowery words as this time the pictures I've taken convey a lot less.
here they are anyway:





Surprisingly early for Hawthorne berries!

Connie had a good chase after this very calm horse earlier - fortunately she was "just having a lookout him" according to the owner. phew!



No comments:

Post a Comment